Q: What proof do I have to show to be eligible to join as a Full Member?

A: You MUST have a DD 214 showing your combat service or verifiable, official documentation showing a combat award.

Q: What if I don’t have a DD-214 or mine is inaccurate?

A: You can request a current copy of your service records at the National Archives website HERE. In order to join the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association as a FULL MEMBER you MUST be able to PROVE your combat service.

Q: Do I have to own a motorcycle?

A: Yes! You MUST own a motorcycle, 500 cc’s or larger and have a valid registration and insurance in YOUR name. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Honda, Yamaha or Harley Davidson. Just a motorcycle; we’re not picky but it’s helpful to have fuel range of over 100 miles and should be able to ride at least 70 MPH for a sustained period of time on the freeway. Your bike should also be mechanically sound.

Q: If I’m a veteran but have never been to a combat zone, am I eligible to join?

A: In certain cases you MAY be able to join the CVMA® as a Support Member. (We are limited to 10% Support Members) We welcome all vets to come ride with us whether you’re a member or not. Support members are required to submit their application with proof of military service through a CVMA® Full Member SPONSOR who has held a membership for not less than one year. Support members are required to have either ridden a minimum of 3,000 miles with their sponsor, attended three CVMA® events or be known by their sponsor for a minimum of 6 months. A full member submitting an application for a support member should verify they meet the above criteria. Only 1 support member can be vouched on per year by an individual CVMA® member.

Q: What are the qualifications for an Auxiliary Member?

A: An Auxiliary Member MUST be the current spouse of a Full Member or Support Member. You’ll need to submit an application and submit it along with a marriage certificate and the applicable payment for dues.

Q: Can my girlfriend/boyfriend become an Auxiliary Member?

A: No.

Q: What are the three levels of Membership?

A: Full Member. Support Member and Auxiliary Member.

Q: How can I get a Membership Application?

A: In order to join our chapter, applicants must come to a meeting and complete the application. Along with your application, you must provide a valid copy of your DD 214 (showing your combat service or award) and CASH or a MONEY ORDER made out to “CVMA® 20-10” for your membership dues. Applicants MUST also affirm that they have read as a condition of your membership. Spouses may also apply for membership in the CVMA® Auxiliary.

Q: When is your next Chapter Meeting?

A: Chapter meetings are currently rotated to different VFW and American Legion Posts throughout Tampa Bay Area.  Check out our calendar for the next meeting or event.